This is another way for me to stay focused and to have a point of reference when I’m feeling less than optimistic. I will strike through any milestone or goal completed and note the date. As of today (Feb 18, 2009), I can’t think past a 100-pound loss, so that’s the last milestone I listed. I can’t quite imagine myself at my goal and I’m not sure how to celebrate that yet. When I have a couple of milestones under my belt, then I’ll re-evaluate my plans for meeting my goal.
Milestones and Rewards:
- 10% of Starting Weight lost: Brand new workout clothes
- 50lbs lost: Fancy heart rate monitor
- 67 lbs lost (the half-way mark): Massage
- 80 lbs lost: Celebratory Girl’s Night Out
- 100 lbs lost: Jewelry
- Begin and maintain a consistent walking routine (consistent= at least 4-5 times/week)
- Begin and maintain a consistent strength training routine (at least 2-3 times/week)
- Be able to run by my birthday (in August).
- Be able to do military style push-ups by the time I reach my goal weight.
- Learn how to prepare a delicious fish dish.
- Be able to walk up the giant hill of a street I have without dying at the top.
- Walk the dog around the neighborhood without breaking out into hives and having a panic attack.
- Start Cycling with Sexy Husband (seeing his ass in cycling shorts is reward enough!)
- Blog consistently about this journey for at least a year.